The AusNCP Oversight Committee provides advice and assistance to the AusNCP, particularly in relation to the handling of complaints and identifying opportunities for promotional work.
Oversight Committee Members
The Oversight Committee is chaired by the AusNCP and includes representatives from:
- the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade;
- the Department of Industry, Innovation and Science;
- the Department of Employment;
- the Australian Trade and Investment Commission (Austrade);
- the Attorney-General’s Department;
- the Department of Home Affairs (formerly the Department of Immigration and Border Protection); and
- the Export Finance and Insurance Corporation (EFIC).
Other Departments may participate in Committee meetings on an ad-hoc basis when issues of relevance arise.
Treasury officials act as Secretariat to the Oversight Committee.
The Oversight Committee meets at least biannually in a formal setting and members consult regularly out of session. Additional meetings are held when required. The Oversight Committee was established in direct response to the 2011 review of the Guidelines and held its first meeting in November 2012.